Communications/Social Media Internship Fall 2017
Do you believe commerce is a powerful catalyst for social transformation? Then you don’t want to pass up an opportunity to intern with this grassroots, hybrid organization that seeks to connect both shopper and artisan through mission branding.
You will dive into the fast-paced world of running a social enterprise in Haiti and the U.S. With the soul of a charity and the drive of a for-profit apparel brand, we combine the beauty of ministry with the beauty of fashion that fuels social transformation. In other words, we do A LOT!
What We Do
HandUp Global Goods seeks to eliminate a life of handouts for teens transitioning out of orphanages by working to seek social and spiritual change together.
We lovingly empower young men living in impoverished communities to transform their lives and the lives of those around them. Our holistic development process provides jobs, spiritual development, financial literacy, and vocational training to young men transitioning out of orphanages, equipping them to become responsible workers, family members, and community leaders.
The results extend beyond the individual men, bringing social and spiritual transformation to the families and communities within their spheres of influence. Our hope is that these transformed communities will build sustainable, global marketplaces.
That is why we offer a “HandUp”: to break them free from a life of handouts.
You will get hands-on experience in:
- Market research and analysis
- "Speed of life” social media postings
- Providing support for social campaigns
- Executing existing marketing strategies for Holiday Season 2017
- Representation of the HandUp mission brand
- Must be available to work off-site up to 10 hours per week;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented & fast-learner
- Positive, passionate attitude
- Familiar & comfortable working with a variety of social media platforms like Active Campaign, Instagram, Facebook & Word Press.
- Be flexible and available to communicate via email, phone and other social media channels
- Be mission-minded
- Assist Executive Director on all social media channels
- 10 hours per week (remote)
- Open to learning and growing in the field of social entrepreneurship.